Monday, February 28, 2011

On a Roll (by Micah)

Ready Position
And the Oscar goes to... me! Today during "tummy time" I rolled over from my tummy to my back. I've been preparing for this role for a while. Mom and Dad make me practice tummy time a little every day. At the beginning, I didn't really like it... well, to be honest, I detested it! But it's gotten better, now that I'm strong enough to hold my head up and look around. Mom keeps encouraging me to roll over while I'm on my tummy - she even usually has the video camera ready to capture the moment. Well, I decided today was the day!



I started by concentrating really hard on my favorite tummy time toy - a musical puppy from Uncle Andy and Aunt Heather (the tune it plays is very inspiring for those attempting acrobatics such as this).







While I was listening to this catchy tune and focusing on the toy, I found my right hand was pushing down on the floor and moving my body up. It was at this time that Mom lifted my puppy up and moved it behind my head. The only way I could keep that puppy in my line of vision was to continue pushing with my right hand, feeling my right leg lifting as well, until...







... the next thing I knew, I was on my back! My mom was going nuts about it all. In fact, first thing she did was run to get her phone so I could call Daddy and tell him my big news.


PS I've also been nominated for an Oscar for my acting like I'm coughing. My fake cough is quite convincing. If that e-trade baby ever needs a stand-in for a coughing part, I'm their man!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH I LOVED READING THIS!!!! The pictures and the play by play are soooooo cute! Way to tie in the Oscar thing too! Sean still does fake coughing- (mostly because we would fake-cough back at him).
    I'm with you always having that camera at the ready- maybe we should patent something that can attach to your pants or something so it's always there! HA HA HA!
    And my you make cute kids! He is sooooooo cute! (Sorry about all the 'o's but it really is necessary! :-)
    Hugs-
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Micah !!!!

    ReplyDelete