Here are some of the latest Micah stories. This kid keeps us entertained... and we have to write this stuff down so we don't forget!
1/24/14 Micah, playing with his nativity set...
Micah: Mommy, there's no King Herod here!
Mommy: Yes, you're right!
Micah: Oh, and there's no lions either!
2/4/14 After Micah impressed Mommy by asking about a complicated math concept...
Mommy: Micah, you are so smart! God gave you a really good brain!
Micah: Why?
Mommy: I don't know why but I believe there is a reason God gave you a very good brain. He has a reason!
Micah: For cookies?
Mommy: *laughs*
Mommy: *laughs*
Micah: God gave me a silly brain!
2/18/14 - the day Uncle Davey asked Micah to be the ring bearer in his wedding to Aunt Jamie's this coming June...
When Daddy got home, Mommy told Micah to tell him about who he talked to on the way home. "Daddy, I talked to Uncle Dave and I'm going to be the honey bear for his wedding!"
While we drove home, we talked about what he should do for his important job. He asked if he could wear the rings (no, only carry them on a pillow).
When we got home, he seemed troubled. "Mommy, if I'm gonna be the ring bearer, I'm gonna keep thinking about wearing those rings. Can I just wear them on my arm when I'm carrying them?" (No, rings are for fingers, not arms.) "Well, can I wear them on my finger?" (NO! But maybe we will get your own special ring to wear on that day.)
And finally - "Mommy, how many more days until Jamie's wedding??"
2/22/14 Tonight's dinner conversation...
Micah: What is chicken made from?
Mommy: Chicken.
Micah: Did someone make this for us?
Mommy: Well, there was a farmer who has a chicken farm and raised the chicken for us to eat.
Micah: Is it the one from "E-I-E-I-O"?
Micah: What is chicken made from?
Mommy: Chicken.
Micah: Did someone make this for us?
Mommy: Well, there was a farmer who has a chicken farm and raised the chicken for us to eat.
Micah: Is it the one from "E-I-E-I-O"?
3/8/14
"I don't really like what you made for dinner, Mom. But maybe I'll like it when I'm four or five." At least he's honest and optimistic...
3/10/14
Micah: Why does everyone get hiccups sometimes?
Mommy: I don't know. Scientists haven't figured it out yet. Maybe you can discover that when you grow up.
Micah: Why can't I do that when I'm three?
3/10/14 Micah & Daddy were taking turns being Pastor Paul tonight. Micah's sermon went like this...
Micah: What does a skunk do if a tiger tries to jump on his back?
Daddy: Um... I'm gonna guess... Jesus?
Micah: You can't talk! I'm the one who talks! Now, what do you think a dog would do if another dog stood on his back. And then another dog came and wanted to stand on that dog's back?
Daddy: Um... I think he would say, "Ok, I'll help you because Jesus told us to help others."
Micah: Ok, now it's your turn to be Pastor Paul. And I'll sit here.
Daddy: Today we're going to talk about obeying your parents. So if your mom & dad tell you to eat all your broccoli, you'd better eat all your broccoli. Amen. Now we'd better sing a song. You can be Mr Thomas.
(Micah got the piano out)
Daddy: What song are we going to sing?
Micah: The Fishing Song!
Daddy: That's not really a church song...
Micah: What does a skunk do if a tiger tries to jump on his back?
Daddy: Um... I'm gonna guess... Jesus?
Micah: You can't talk! I'm the one who talks! Now, what do you think a dog would do if another dog stood on his back. And then another dog came and wanted to stand on that dog's back?
Daddy: Um... I think he would say, "Ok, I'll help you because Jesus told us to help others."
Micah: Ok, now it's your turn to be Pastor Paul. And I'll sit here.
Daddy: Today we're going to talk about obeying your parents. So if your mom & dad tell you to eat all your broccoli, you'd better eat all your broccoli. Amen. Now we'd better sing a song. You can be Mr Thomas.
(Micah got the piano out)
Daddy: What song are we going to sing?
Micah: The Fishing Song!
Daddy: That's not really a church song...
(For anyone who doesn't know, "The Fishing Song" was what Uncle Davey always sang at VBS/Summer Camp -here's a taste...)
3/12/14 This evening, in the church parking lot, after another heavy snow day...
Daddy: Let's do doughnuts in the back parking lot!
Mommy: No! I don't like that!
Daddy: We're doing it!
Micah: Daddy, no! [He has no clue what's going to happen next]
Mommy: If you wreck my car... I'll be really angry.
Daddy starts the doughnuts in the parking lot...
Daddy: Isn't this fun?!
Mommy: No!
Micah: Daddy, this isn't fun. Daddy, THIS ISN'T FUN!
We resumed our ride out of the parking lot
Daddy: Micah, do you know which direction we turn now?
Micah: That way!
Daddy: No, that's not the way, silly. We have to go to the left to get home.
Micah: But we're not going home - we're going to get the doughnuts!
And later, at bedtime, Micah and Daddy switched roles, each pretending to be the other....
Daddy (as Micah): I love doing doughnuts in the parking lot!
Micah (as Daddy): Hmm... Me, too. But Mommy doesn't really like it. She said, if I wreck her car, she'll be really angry. But sometimes I forget what Mommy says!
2/5/14
On the way home tonight, Micah told Mommy: "Don't be anxious, Mommy. Listen to your heart. God will speak to your heart. Listen for God's voice." Literally, those were his words. (This was right after he told Mommy that his stuffed dog was 3 years old and then was going to turn 5, then 6, then 7, then 4. When Mommy expressed her concern with his counting is when he started in with "Don't be anxious..." Sometimes kids say silly things, but sometimes maybe God uses them to teach grownups something, too!)
On the way home tonight, Micah told Mommy: "Don't be anxious, Mommy. Listen to your heart. God will speak to your heart. Listen for God's voice." Literally, those were his words. (This was right after he told Mommy that his stuffed dog was 3 years old and then was going to turn 5, then 6, then 7, then 4. When Mommy expressed her concern with his counting is when he started in with "Don't be anxious..." Sometimes kids say silly things, but sometimes maybe God uses them to teach grownups something, too!)


No comments:
Post a Comment