Friday, April 8, 2022

Spring Bouquet for Mommy - April 8, 2021

 

I adore the mixed mini wildflowers that the kids gather for me in the spring. It's their utter joy when I open the front door after they've rung the doorbell and then thrust their hands forward with the tiny treasures they've gathered just for me, knowing the smile it brings to me face. That they would take the time and effort just to bring a moment of happiness to their mother - this never fails to delight me. I had to buy a special miniature vase just for these occasions.  
My favorite flower they've gathered this spring was the Round-lobed Hepatica (Hepatica americana) - I had to look up the name, of course (thank goodness for the "Seek" app!). Isn't the color stunning? It's a flower that begs to be immortalized in watercolor, at least according to Micah. He's always excited if I take the time to paint a quick (very amateur) version of the natural treasures he brings me in my nature journal. Spring is bursting with inspiration like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment