Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Cookie Tradition

Making Christmas cookies is one of our favorite family traditions. On Sunday we cut out the cookies and tonight we had our decorating party. Micah was looking forward to it all day - mainly because it meant Grandpa was coming over... he was saying "Papa" all day long.



Although Micah didn't help with any decorating, he did entertain us while we worked. He was excited to spend time with Uncle David ("Da-di")... we've been practicing finding Uncle David in Micah's photo album, so he was happy to see him! This Christmas break is going to be fun! (And don't feel sorry for Micah - Daddy slipped him at least one cookie while the rest of us worked away.)

We, of course, listened to the Muppets Christmas tape (I have the cassette version, not the record, like we used to listen to) while we decorated the cut-out cookies. And again we made some interesting cookies - making fun of some of the siblings who weren't here. We did get Ben on the phone from Texas for a while, which was nice (until he had to let us go because Josh was calling him). We're definitely looking forward to having all the boys home for Christmas this year!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful tradition!!! (We haven't even started our's yet...). And I think I had that record (and the Cabbage Patch Christmas record too! I may have to go to my folks' and see if I can find them~ but then I don't have a record player anymore... ;-)

    ReplyDelete