Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Birthday Celebration with CCC

Although I never had any sisters, Micah has some pretty wonderful aunts in his life. Besides those he's acquired from Daddy's side of the family and my brothers' significant others, Micah has some Japanese "aunties" who love him as much as any aunt would! So, of course, these Japanese friends in the Chit Chat Club (our Thursday afternoon group) wanted to be sure to celebrate Micah's birthday!

Under Tomoko's direction, they pulled together a lovely potluck and we had a great afternoon together. I wish I had gotten a group shot before my camera battery died. But we were thankful to spend the time with Junko, Kuniko, Sanae, Miki, Mihoko (and her son Takuya), Maya (and her daughter Riana), and Tomoko (with her daughter Erika). And the food was pretty good, too!

Mihoko is an amazing food artist. She baked and decorated these cookies for the party. (The "1" on the top of the cake is a Starburst candy.) We have such talented friends!


Takuya prepared a special gift and card for Micah. He wrote a nice note in Japanese - and then a second one in English because he worried that Micah can't read Japanese. :) His sister, Sayaka, also made a card for Micah, though she couldn't come to our lunch because she was in school.

Everyone was interested to see Micah attack his birthday cake in the American tradition of giving a 1st birthday child their piece of cake and letting them have it. I'm sure they must think Americans are a little crazy to do this - but it was entertaining for them. There were lots of pictures taken while Micah enjoyed his cake!



What a fun celebration. I'm thankful that these friends have loved and played with Micah every Thursday for the past year and that they take so much interest in seeing him grow up!

No comments:

Post a Comment