Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Kitten Reunion

Right after I graduated from college, I headed over to Europe for two years of teaching English at a Christian school in Tisovec, Slovakia. One of the many things I gained from that experience was some wonderful friendships. The second year I was there, we started out with just three of us Americans in the town and quickly came to call ourselves "the kittens" (after a cute British group "Atomic Kitten," whose remix of "Eternal Flame" became our bonding song). Our friendship has lasted despite being very far apart now and every year I try to get together somewhere with Carolyn "Kitten C" Nelson (Dallas, Texas) and Becca "Kitten B" Krey (Dominican Republic).

First out of the country trip!
I was thankful that this year Becca's husband Ted had his furlough from the mission field during this summer and they spent some time back in Ted's hometown of Windsor, Ontario. Although Carolyn couldn't join us, Becca and I made plans to get together. It was Micah's first trip to Canada and brought on a scurry at the Roe house the night before to find his birth certificate so we could cross the border. We discovered we never did have his birth certificate, so we made a detour to the Royal Oak city clerk and were finally ready to head out of the country.

This was the first time for her to meet Micah - and my first time to meet her son Matthias, who was born just a month and a day after Micah. The boys were so cute playing together. Matthias is really good at crawling so he can get everywhere - maybe an inspiration for Micah who is just able to army crawl at this point.

Both boys enjoyed playing with the recycle trash. And got along well... until they both wanted the Coke bottle.

I was glad to see big sister Esther again. I met her last summer when the Kittens came to Livonia. She's gotten quite verbal and took special interest in Micah.




Some day, I hope Becca and family will be able to live in the Windsor home they bought a few years ago. It would be wonderful to have regular play dates and watch our kids grow up together!

1 comment:

  1. It's going so fast dear Amy. I hope our paths will cross again some day. Adam, Tisovec

    ReplyDelete